For 5-7 year olds
As of Sept. 2017 we are offering two Beaver Colonies. We will hold separate regular meetings but plan weekend and camping adventures together as one.
‘A’ Colony: Mondays 6:15 – 7:30 p.m.
‘B’ Colony: Mondays 4:30 – 5:45 p.m.
Fun and friendship is the cornerstone of the Beaver Scouts program. Beaver Scouts opens the door for your child to discover the world. It is filled with a little bit of everything – outdoor activities, games, music and sports. Along the way, Beaver Scouts meet new friends, learn cooperation and teamwork and develop self-confidence.
Beaver Scouts are welcomed into a group of energetic boys and girls just like them. They will meet with kind and caring Scouters that will help them with anything they need to know about being a good Scout. They will feel respected and appreciated for their own uniqueness, and encouraged to bring all they can to their group and activities.
At 1st Cedar Hill we are proactively following the Canadian Path program. Some changes in the program are small, some are big, but all are great! The Canadian Path has been developed with the ages and stages of the youth in mind. What could be better!
Calendar: (stay tuned for updates)
- September 11 – First Beaver meeting – Intro to Beavers
- September 18 – Beaver meeting – Promise, Law and Motto, and Planning
Popcorn Fundraiser Starts
- September 26 – Beaver meeting and 1st White Tail Council Meeting
- September 30th – Apple Day Fundraiser
- October 2 – Beaver Meeting
- October 9 – Thanksgiving – No Meeting
- October 16 – Beaver meeting
- October 21-22 – Campout at the Hall, Popcorn Orders Due
- October 23 – Camp Recovery, Scouters meeting only
- October 30 – All-Sections Group Halloween Party
- November 6 – Beaver meeting – Remembrance Day
- November 11 – Remembrance Day Ceremony @ Saanich Cenitaph 10:30 a.m.
- November 13 – Beaver Meeting
- November 20 – Caroling at The Cedars Nursing Home
- November 27 – Beaver Meeting
- December 2 – Christmas Tree Fundraiser begins
- December 4 – Beaver meeting
- December 11 – Beaver Meeting
- December 18 – Christmas Event?
- January 1 – Happy New Year
- January 8 – Beaver Meeting
- January 15 – Beaver Meeting
- January 22 – Beaver Meeting
- January 29 – Beaver meeting
- February 5 – Beaver Meeting
- February 12 – Family Day – no meeting
- February 19 – Beaver meeting
- February 21 – Baden Powell Banquet and AGM
- February 26 – Beaver Meeting
- March 5 – Beaver Meeting
- March 12 – Beaver Meeting
- March 17 ? – Beaver seeds
- March 19 & 26 – Spring Break – No Meetings
- April 2 – Easter Monday – No Meeting
- April 9 – Bird Houses
- April 16 – Beaver Meeting
- April 23 – Beaver meeting
- April 30 – Beaver Meeting
- May 7 – Beaver meeting
- May 14 – Beaver meeting
- May 21 – Victoria Day Parade (participate) – no evening meeting
- May 25 – 27 – Beaveree Camp
- May 28 – No Meeting
- June 4 – Last Beaver meeting
- June 8-10? – All-Sections Group (Family) Camp
Beaver Scout Promise
I promise to love God and help take care of the world.
Beaver Scout Law
A Beaver has fun, works hard and helps family and friends.
Beaver Scout Motto
Sharing, Sharing, Sharing
$215 annual fee plus additional camp and activity fees (many of which are subsidized by the Group’s Fundraising efforts – the more we raise, the more we can potentially draw from!)
Beavers are asked to bring a coin each week to “feed Bucky”. This money is our petty cash fund for craft items and other minor expenses throughout the year.
As a group we participate in three major fundraiser each year. Apple Day, Scouts Popcorn sales and Christmas Tree sales. All our youth are expected to participate in fundraising as it helps fund our programs locally and nationally. This means it keeps our costs down so we can focus on having fun!
Our Beaver Scouters this year are:
- Kevin Woods *To Be Named* (a task the youth do)
- Kat Rainsberry *Rainbow*
- Tara McKierahan *TBN*
- Steve Cumming *Hawkeye*
- Marah Nicolson *Echo*
- Mika Rainsberry *TBN*
- Stephan Dumitrescu *TBN*
- Tara Poilievre *Bubbles*
- Genelle Schmunk *Lightning*
- Bill Russell *TBN*
Please feel free to speak to any one of us at a meeting if you have questions, or send us an email at: