For 5-7 year olds
First Cedar Hill has two Beaver Colonies. We will hold separate regular meetings but plan weekend and camping adventures together as one.
‘A’ Colony: Mondays 6:15 – 7:30 p.m.
‘B’ Colony: Mondays 4:30 – 5:45 p.m.
Fun and friendship is the cornerstone of the Beaver Scouts program. Beaver Scouts opens the door for your child to discover the world. It is filled with a little bit of everything – outdoor activities, games, music and sports. Along the way, Beaver Scouts meet new friends, learn cooperation and teamwork and develop self-confidence.
Beaver Scouts are welcomed into a group of energetic boys and girls just like them. They will meet with kind and caring Scouters that will help them with anything they need to know about being a good Scout. They will feel respected and appreciated for their own uniqueness, and encouraged to bring all they can to their group and activities.
At 1st Cedar Hill we are proactively following the Canadian Path program. Some changes in the program are small, some are big, but all are great! The Canadian Path has been developed with the ages and stages of the youth in mind. What could be better!
Calendar: (stay tuned for updates)
- September 9 – First Beaver meeting – Intro to Beavers
- September 16 – Beaver meeting – Promise, Law and Motto, and Planning
- September 23 – Beaver Meeting and 1st White Tail Council Meeting Popcorn Fundraiser Starts
- September 28 (Saturday) – Goldstream Park Group Site (10-2). Ramble and investiture
- September 30th – No meeting (scouter recovery from weekend)
- October 5 (Saturday) – Apple Day
- October 7 – Beaver Meeting
- October 14 – Thanksgiving – No Meeting
- October 21 – Beaver Meeting, Popcorn Orders Due
- October 26-27 – Sleepover at hall – details to follow
- October 28 – No meeting (scouter recovery from sleepover)
- October 30 (Wednesday) – All-Sections Group Halloween Party
- November 4 – Beaver Meeting
- November 11 – Remembrance Day Ceremony @ Saanich Cenitaph 10:30 a.m. (no meeting that night)
- November 18 – Beaver Meeting
- November 25 – Beaver Meeting
- November 30 – Christmas Tree Fundraiser begins
- December 2 – Beaver Meeting
- December 8 – Beaver Meeting
- December 16 – Beaver Meeting – Christmas Event?
- January 4 (Saturday) – Bottle Drive
- January 6 – Beaver Meeting
- January 13 – Beaver Meeting
- January 20 – Beaver Meeting
- January 27 – Beaver Meeting
- February 3 – Beaver Meeting
- February 10 – Beaver Meeting
- February 17 – Family Day – no meeting
- February 19 – Baden Powell Banquet and AGM
- February 24 – Beaver Meeting
- March 2 – Beaver Meeting
- March 9 – Beaver Meeting
- March 16 & 23 – Spring Break – No Meetings
- March 30 – Beaver Meeting
- April 6 – Beaver Meeting
- April 13 – Easter Monday – No Meeting
- April 20 – Beaver Meeting
- April 27 – Beaver Meeting
- May 4 – Beaver Meeting
- May 11 – Beaver Meeting
- May 18 – Victoria Day Parade (participate) – no evening meeting
- May 25 – Beaver Meeting
- May 29-31 – Beaveree Camp
- June 1 – No Beaver Meeting (Scouter recovery)
- June 8 – Beaver Meeting
- June 15 – Last Beaver Meeting
- June 19-21 – All-Sections Group (Family) Camp @ Goldstream
Beaver Scout Promise
I promise to love God and help take care of the world.
Beaver Scout Law
A Beaver has fun, works hard and helps family and friends.
Beaver Scout Motto
Sharing, Sharing, Sharing
$230 annual fee plus additional camp and activity fees (many of which are subsidized by the Group’s Fundraising efforts – the more we raise, the more we can potentially draw from!)
Beavers are asked to bring a coin each week to “feed Bucky”. This money is our petty cash fund for craft items and other minor expenses throughout the year.
As a group we participate in three major fundraiser each year. Apple Day, Scouts Popcorn sales and Christmas Tree sales. All our youth are expected to participate in fundraising as it helps fund our programs locally and nationally. This means it keeps our costs down so we can focus on having fun!
Our Beaver Scouters this year are:
- Bill Russell *Chinook*
- Marah Nicolson *Echo*
- Dave Nicolson *Tic Tac*
- Heather McNally *TBN* (a task the youth do)
- Nitasha Wodham *TBN*
- Kat Rainsberry *Rainbow*
- Steve Cumming *Hawkeye*
- Geoff Wall *TBN*
- Allison Cumming *TBN*
Please feel free to speak to any one of us at a meeting if you have questions, or send us an email at: